Tomorrow we will give a good account of everything that is advertised in the HTC press conference, but it is good to do a recap about all what we know and we have already had the HTC one / M7 and, above all, of with what cards account before full competition which will also speak at the Mobile World Congress 2013 which begins in a week.
What will be its final name?
To begin with, it is not entirely clear the final name to be given to this terminal, which means we have referred from the outset with the final name expected to be given, HTC One, and the internal designation of its developers, that by what we know is HTC M7.
All indications are that this final designation will be HTC One to dry, What would make much sense taking into account that this family of devices that emerged in 2012 has been growing with the models HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC One V or the recent HTC One SV.
The fact that on the official website of HTC seem an account back with an animated background that also contributes to that possibility It is activated whenever the number of seconds just in one, displaying a blurry teaser from the terminal that we hope announcement tomorrow.
At Engadget Mobile we have also done a met review of the technical specifications of a smartphone that It will be the new top of range of the company and that it would try to deal with the flagships of other manufacturers. These specifications are as follows:
- Screen: 4.7 inch, Full HD, 468 ppi pixel density resolution
- Processor: Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro, quad – core at 1.7 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB of RAM, 32/64 GB of internal storage
- Rear camera: ‘Cinesensor’ f/2.0 13 megapixel sensor consisting of 3 4.3-megapixel sensors ‘Ultrapixels’.
- Front camera: 2 megapixel, 1080 p recording sensor
- Connectivity: LTE / Wifi 802. 11ac (also supports a/b/g/n)
- Operating system: 4.2 Android with HTC Sense 5
- Battery: 2,300 mAh
- Audio: Amplifier Beats in the headphone jack, the speaker phone and stereo speakers head-on
Design, with possible surprises
They have released several images that various sources claimed to be real prototypes of the HTC One. In one of the last – which Crown this paragraph – there are curious details, such as the fact that multitasking and Home buttons have changed its position.
By what we have seen in these images and data that have been coming, the HTC One may arrive with a polycarbonate shell similar to the HTC Droid DNA, and the design in black also could accompany her models in silver and white. The latter seems more confirmed after the famous picture which Peter Chou, CEO of HTC, sleeping bag with a theoretical M7 HTC during a Chinese year end party organized for the enterprise.
Availability and price
Also have released rumors about their availability and prices, something which is summarized on the following dates:
- Europe: March 8, 649,99 EUR
- EE. UU.: on March 22, 199/299 dollars (32/64 GB) with contract
Complied with those dates, HTC would have in his possession a fundamental asset to compete with other manufacturers, because HTC One / M7 would almost immediately. Traditionally when HTC announced new terminals at MWC real availability occurred in April, but everything indicates that that term could be shortened on this occasion.
What to expect from the competition?
Obviously, HTC isn’t the only one having prepared great news for its presentation in these days, and although this company has been moved forward, other manufacturers will take advantage of the MWC event to announce their own solutions. There are many expectations in the market with regard to models that might appear in this show, so it should be a brief review:
- Samsung: one of the major disappointments of the past MWC 2012 was the absence of important announcements from this company, I hope two months to present its Galaxy S3. This year that same situation could be repeated, but even so the rumors about a possible presentation of Samsung Galaxy S4 (and its reduced version, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) continue to accumulate. At Phandroid commented that presentation at MWC is safe and that the smartphone will be available in March, but recent data indicate a further announcement and initial availability that could occur in May. Among its notable specifications is support LTE, a processor quad – core (Exynos 5450) House brand, and a screen OLED 5 inches FullHD (1920 x 1080), plus 2 GB of RAM.
- Motorola: It is very likely that in this case we have to wait a few months, since according to details the hypothetical and promising Motorola X will be shown during the Google I/O event which takes place in May. According to sources close to Motorola and Google, this device will be a revolution, and as well as integrating the new version of Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is spoken that it will have a camera of high quality in the back, a large autonomy and special attention to its durability and strength.
- LG: This manufacturer has recently introduced its family Optimus L Series II of which stands out the LG Optimus L7 II, a terminal based Android 4.2 4.3 inch screen, 8 megapixel camera and processor Qualcomm dual – core 1 GHz. These terminals, more modest than our protagonist, are accompanied by the LG Optimus G Pro, (4-Nexus is a version for this model) which also recently has been renovated with a 5.5-inch version that at least initially will be available only in South Korea.
- Sony: our analysis of the Sony Xperia Z makes it clear: the Japanese manufacturer terminal returns to position him as reference in this market. In the same range as HTC One M7 but with a slightly higher bias, this smartphone is without a doubt one of the protagonists of the new batch of devices.
If met expectations, the new terminal from HTC reference will have everything you need to compete with the terminals high range of competitors, and especially with a Z Xperia has confirmed the guidelines to follow. Both this model and the Samsung Galaxy S4 are clear threats until you get (if you) the hypothetical Motorola X, which, backed by Google, could become what the Nexus 4 due to lack of supply was able to secure.