INTERNSHIP IN VANCOUVER
“By Sea, Land and Air We Prosper” is the motto of the Canadian metropolis Vancouver. With its special location between the Pacific and the Coast Mountains, Vancouver is one of the five most livable cities in the world.
The secret capital of Canada offers a mild climate, endless leisure activities and overwhelming nature. Where else can you go skiing in the morning and sailing in the afternoon?
How about getting to know Vancouver first hand for several months? Immerse yourself in the Canadian culture of living and working through an internship in Vancouver and realize your dream of spending several months abroad in Canada.
Geography of 50 States in the United States
In 5 steps to an internship abroad in Vancouver
Our American partner organization Academic Internship Council (AIC) has more than 30 years of experience in arranging project-related internships for international students.
Since 2017, the Academic Internship Council has offered the internship program in Vancouver completely new and enables you to get to know the world of work in Vancouver through cooperation with different companies and organizations.
If you would like to do an internship in Vancouver with our partner AIC, just follow our 5 steps to apply:
Step 1: Get information and advice
First, please inform yourself about the prerequisites for participation, the program fees as well as the dates and deadlines for the internship program in Vancouver. If you are also enthusiastic about the particularly suitable subject areas in Vancouver, you can apply for an internship in Vancouver.
Contact our advisory team – our student advisors will inform you about the documents that you need to submit for your application. We can be reached by phone, email and personally in our office in Frankfurt and will be happy to answer your questions about internships abroad in Vancouver.
Step 2: Submit your application
In the next step, please send us your application documents in English (cover letter, curriculum vitae, performance overview) by email. We’ll review the documents and give you feedback by email or phone. As soon as your documents are complete and in order, we will forward them to the AIC team in Vancouver.
Step 3: Discuss interests and wishes with the AIC
In the next step you will be contacted by your personal contact person at the AIC in Vancouver by email. You then fill out a detailed online questionnaire and upload relevant documents to the AIC database. Your contact person will get an initial picture of your competencies, interests and professional goals.
As part of a comprehensive preliminary talk that takes place via Skype, you and your AIC contact person will concretize your ideas and discuss which type of internship is suitable for you. Your contacts will then start looking for an internship abroad in Vancouver that is individually tailored to you.
Step 4: Complete application training
A professional application training of AIC prepare yourself optimally to the front of upcoming job interviews.
Here you can find out how a “typical” job interview with a Canadian employer works and how you will master it successfully. With the Skype workshop you can be sure to make the best possible impression on your potential internship company.
Step 5: Complete an interview and get an internship
As soon as the employees of the Academic Internship Council have found a suitable internship for you, they will make an appointment for the interview, which will also take place via Skype.
If the interview is positive and you receive an acceptance for an internship, you now have to decide whether you want to accept it. Otherwise, your contact persons at the AIC will look for another internship tailored to your needs.
After you have decided on a specific internship in Vancouver, you can apply for your visa for Canada with the support of the Academic Internship Council.
Just like your contact persons at the AIC, we are of course also available to support you with any questions you may have in advance of the application and during the application process.
Top MBA Programs in the U.S.
- Anderson School of Management
- Babcock Graduate School of Management
- Babson College
- Boston University School of Management
- Carlson School of Management
- Carroll School of Management
- Chicago GSB
- Clark Atlanta University School of Business
- Columbia Business School
- Cox School of Business
- Darden School of Business
- Eli Broad Graduate School of Management
- Eller College of Management
- Fisher College of Business
- FIU College of Business Administration
- Fordham Graduate Business
- Freeman School
- Fuqua School of Business
- Georgia Tech College of Management
- Goizueta Business School
- Graziadio School of Business and Management
- GWU Business School
- Haas School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Management
- Johnson School
- Katz Graduate School of Business
- Kelley School of Business
- Kellogg Graduate School of Management
- Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Kogod School of Business
- Krannert School of Management
- Marriott School
- Marshall School of Business
- Mason School of Business
- Mays Business School
- McCombs School of Business
- McDonough School of Business
- Mendoza College of Business
- Moore School of Business
- Northeastern College of Business Administration
- Olin School of Business
- Owen School of Management
- Robert H. Smith School of Business
- Ross School of Business
- Rutgers Business School
- Simon Business School
- Sloan School of Management
- Smeal College of Business
- Stanford Business School
- Stern School of Business
- Tepper School of Business
- Terry College of Business
- The Paul Merage School of Business
- The Wharton School
- Thunderbird International Graduate School
- Tippie School of Management
- Tuck School of Business
- UB School of Management
- UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- UConn School of Business
- UIUC College of Business
- University of Miami School of Business
- UTK College of Business Administration
- UW Business School
- W. P. Carey School of Business
- Warrington College of Business Administration
- Weatherhead School of Management
- Whitman School of Management
- Wisconsin School of Business
- Yale School of Management
In order to apply for the internship program of the Academic Internship Council, you must meet the following requirements:
- Good knowledge of English: This will be checked during the preliminary talk with the Academic Internship Council, so that no formal language test has to be taken.
- Completion of the first year of study at a university or technical college:Unfortunately, it is not possible to place (technical) high school graduates without study experience, as the study-related internships require initial academic experience in the respective subject area.
Participation after completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree is possible. The last degree should not be more than a year ago when the internship began.
Particularly suitable industries
In the metropolis of Vancouver you have the opportunity to do internships in various departments. With more than 7,000 technology companies based in Vancouver, the technology sector is particularly suitable. Internships in the film and computer game industry as well as in the green economy are also possible in addition to many other specialist areas.
Based on its experience, the Academic Internship Council recommends the Vancouver location in particular for internships in the following departments and types of company:
- Life science
- Computer game industry
- Energy sector
- Renewable energy
- Film and television industry
- Computer science
- Arts and Culture
- social work
- Technology sector
- Environment & nature protection
Internships in other industries and departments are of course also possible in Vancouver. You can also propose companies to the Academic Internship Council in which you would like to do an internship.
A realistic assessment of your chances of an internship in your desired area is made in the context of a detailed preliminary talk with your personal supervisor at the Academic Internship Council.
Dates and application deadlines
In Vancouver you can choose between internship periods of different lengths in spring and autumn or an eight-week summer internship.
|Summer 2018||July 01, 2018||07/02/2018||8 weeks|
|Fall 2018||September 01, 2018||02.09.2018||3-5 months|
|Spring 2019||March 01, 2019||02.03.2019||3-5 months|
So that the Academic Internship Council has enough time to find the internship and you have enough time to apply for a visa, you should submit your application to us at least four months before the desired start of the program.
The fees for an internship in Vancouver differ depending on whether you want to book accommodation through the Academic Internship Council or find your own accommodation.
|Fixed price (regardless of the duration)||US $ 2,512|
|Internship program + accommodation||fees|
|8-week summer internship||US $ 6,652|
|3 months||US $ 8,647|
|4 months||US $ 10,492|
|5 months||US $ 12,411|
The available rooms, which you can book through our partner organization, are located in student apartments or student dormitories, are furnished, contain kitchen utensils, washing machines and internet access. The accommodations are usually centrally located and well connected to local public transport.
The program fees include the following:
- The Academic Internship Council arranges a suitable internship in your desired area
- Active support during the entire planning and application phase
- Review of the written application
- Professional application training via webinars
- Orientation program, workshops & leisure program in Vancouver
- Assistance with all concerns on site
- Evaluation of the personal internship supervisor
To finance an internship abroad in Vancouver, you can, among other things, apply for BAföG abroad, provided that your internship is a compulsory internship. Eligible students receive a health insurance grant as well as living and travel expenses.
You can also apply for various scholarship programs that will support you financially during your internship abroad.
Please note that internships in Canada are usually unpaid as they are considered part of professional qualifications. In individual cases and for longer internships, smaller (travel) allowances may be paid, but this is not the rule.
Countries in Alphabetical Order
Continents in the World
- Coulee City, Washington (6/8/2023) - Coulee City is a small town located in the heart of Washington’s Columbia Basin. The town lies on the banks of the Columbia River and is surrounded by rolling hills and lush vegetation, making it a picturesque setting for those…
- Chester, Massachusetts (6/1/2023) - Chester, Massachusetts is a small town located in the Pioneer Valley region of western Massachusetts. The town is situated along the Connecticut River, which forms its northern boundary. The town has a total area of 10.2 square miles, with 8.7…
- Batesville, Texas (5/26/2023) - According to Campingship, Batesville, Texas is a small city located in the western part of the state in Zavala County. It is situated approximately 60 miles south of San Antonio and about 30 miles east of Uvalde. The city’s population…
- Richfield, Pennsylvania (5/26/2023) - According to bestitude.com, Richfield, Pennsylvania is a small village located in the south-central region of the state in Berks County. Situated on the edge of Blue Mountain, Richfield is surrounded by rolling hills and lush forests that provide a peaceful…
- Century, Florida (5/26/2023) - According to Campingship, Century, Florida is a town located in the northwest corner of Escambia County in the northern part of the Florida Panhandle. It is situated on the banks of Escambia River and is bordered by Atmore to the…
- Blue Springs, Missouri (5/24/2023) - According to Campingship, Blue Springs, Missouri is located in the western part of Jackson County and is situated along the Missouri River. The city has an area of approximately 17 square miles and is home to over 53,000 people. Blue…
- Dillon, South Carolina (5/22/2023) - According to bridgat, Dillon, South Carolina is a small town located in the southeastern portion of the state. It lies just off Interstate 95, which connects it to major cities like Charleston and Columbia. The city is situated in the…
- Burnettsville, Indiana (5/21/2023) - According to bridgat, Burnettsville is a small town located in White County, Indiana. It has a population of about 500 people and is situated along the Wabash River. Burnettsville is known for its rural setting and is home to many…
- Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania (5/20/2023) - According to timedictionary.com, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania is a small borough located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in Jefferson County. It is situated between two rivers, the Clarion and the Redbank, and is home to the famous Groundhog Day celebration…
- United Arab Emirates Society (5/19/2023) - The United Arab Emirates is a country located in the Middle East, comprising seven emirates and a population of over nine million people. The UAE is known for its modern infrastructure, high standard of living, and its open attitude toward…