INTERNSHIP IN VANCOUVER
“By Sea, Land and Air We Prosper” is the motto of the Canadian metropolis Vancouver. With its special location between the Pacific and the Coast Mountains, Vancouver is one of the five most livable cities in the world.
The secret capital of Canada offers a mild climate, endless leisure activities and overwhelming nature. Where else can you go skiing in the morning and sailing in the afternoon?
How about getting to know Vancouver first hand for several months? Immerse yourself in the Canadian culture of living and working through an internship in Vancouver and realize your dream of spending several months abroad in Canada.
Geography of 50 States in the United States
In 5 steps to an internship abroad in Vancouver
Our American partner organization Academic Internship Council (AIC) has more than 30 years of experience in arranging project-related internships for international students.
Since 2017, the Academic Internship Council has offered the internship program in Vancouver completely new and enables you to get to know the world of work in Vancouver through cooperation with different companies and organizations.
If you would like to do an internship in Vancouver with our partner AIC, just follow our 5 steps to apply:
Step 1: Get information and advice
First, please inform yourself about the prerequisites for participation, the program fees as well as the dates and deadlines for the internship program in Vancouver. If you are also enthusiastic about the particularly suitable subject areas in Vancouver, you can apply for an internship in Vancouver.
Contact our advisory team – our student advisors will inform you about the documents that you need to submit for your application. We can be reached by phone, email and personally in our office in Frankfurt and will be happy to answer your questions about internships abroad in Vancouver.
Step 2: Submit your application
In the next step, please send us your application documents in English (cover letter, curriculum vitae, performance overview) by email. We’ll review the documents and give you feedback by email or phone. As soon as your documents are complete and in order, we will forward them to the AIC team in Vancouver.
Step 3: Discuss interests and wishes with the AIC
In the next step you will be contacted by your personal contact person at the AIC in Vancouver by email. You then fill out a detailed online questionnaire and upload relevant documents to the AIC database. Your contact person will get an initial picture of your competencies, interests and professional goals.
As part of a comprehensive preliminary talk that takes place via Skype, you and your AIC contact person will concretize your ideas and discuss which type of internship is suitable for you. Your contacts will then start looking for an internship abroad in Vancouver that is individually tailored to you.
Step 4: Complete application training
A professional application training of AIC prepare yourself optimally to the front of upcoming job interviews.
Here you can find out how a “typical” job interview with a Canadian employer works and how you will master it successfully. With the Skype workshop you can be sure to make the best possible impression on your potential internship company.
Step 5: Complete an interview and get an internship
As soon as the employees of the Academic Internship Council have found a suitable internship for you, they will make an appointment for the interview, which will also take place via Skype.
If the interview is positive and you receive an acceptance for an internship, you now have to decide whether you want to accept it. Otherwise, your contact persons at the AIC will look for another internship tailored to your needs.
After you have decided on a specific internship in Vancouver, you can apply for your visa for Canada with the support of the Academic Internship Council.
Just like your contact persons at the AIC, we are of course also available to support you with any questions you may have in advance of the application and during the application process.
Top MBA Programs in the U.S.
Kogod – Carey – Babson – Carroll – Questrom – Marriott – Tepper – Weatherhead – CAU –Mason – Columbia – Johnson – Tuck – Fuqua – Goizueta – FIU – Fordham – GWU –McDonough – Georgia Tech – Harvard – Kelley – Sloan – Eli Broad – Stern – D’Amore-McKim – Kellogg – Fisher – Smeal – Graziadio – Krannert – Jones – Rutgers – Cox –Stanford – UB – Mays – Thunderbird – Freeman – Eller – Haas – UC Davis – Paul Merage – Anderson – Chicago GSB – UConn – Warrington – Terry – UIUC – Tippie – Robert H. Smith – Herbert – Ross – Carlson – Kenan-Flagler – Mendoza – Wharton – Katz – Simon– Moore – Marshall – UTK – McCombs – Darden – UW – Wisconsin – Owen – Babcock – Olin– Yale
In order to apply for the internship program of the Academic Internship Council, you must meet the following requirements:
- Good knowledge of English: This will be checked during the preliminary talk with the Academic Internship Council, so that no formal language test has to be taken.
- Completion of the first year of study at a university or technical college:Unfortunately, it is not possible to place (technical) high school graduates without study experience, as the study-related internships require initial academic experience in the respective subject area.
Participation after completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree is possible. The last degree should not be more than a year ago when the internship began.
Particularly suitable industries
In the metropolis of Vancouver you have the opportunity to do internships in various departments. With more than 7,000 technology companies based in Vancouver, the technology sector is particularly suitable. Internships in the film and computer game industry as well as in the green economy are also possible in addition to many other specialist areas.
Based on its experience, the Academic Internship Council recommends the Vancouver location in particular for internships in the following departments and types of company:
- Life science
- Computer game industry
- Energy sector
- Renewable energy
- Film and television industry
- Computer science
- Arts and Culture
- social work
- Technology sector
- Environment & nature protection
Internships in other industries and departments are of course also possible in Vancouver. You can also propose companies to the Academic Internship Council in which you would like to do an internship.
A realistic assessment of your chances of an internship in your desired area is made in the context of a detailed preliminary talk with your personal supervisor at the Academic Internship Council.
Dates and application deadlines
In Vancouver you can choose between internship periods of different lengths in spring and autumn or an eight-week summer internship.
|Summer 2018||July 01, 2018||07/02/2018||8 weeks|
|Fall 2018||September 01, 2018||02.09.2018||3-5 months|
|Spring 2019||March 01, 2019||02.03.2019||3-5 months|
So that the Academic Internship Council has enough time to find the internship and you have enough time to apply for a visa, you should submit your application to us at least four months before the desired start of the program.
The fees for an internship in Vancouver differ depending on whether you want to book accommodation through the Academic Internship Council or find your own accommodation.
|Fixed price (regardless of the duration)||US $ 2,512|
|Internship program + accommodation||fees|
|8-week summer internship||US $ 6,652|
|3 months||US $ 8,647|
|4 months||US $ 10,492|
|5 months||US $ 12,411|
The available rooms, which you can book through our partner organization, are located in student apartments or student dormitories, are furnished, contain kitchen utensils, washing machines and internet access. The accommodations are usually centrally located and well connected to local public transport.
The program fees include the following:
- The Academic Internship Council arranges a suitable internship in your desired area
- Active support during the entire planning and application phase
- Review of the written application
- Professional application training via webinars
- Orientation program, workshops & leisure program in Vancouver
- Assistance with all concerns on site
- Evaluation of the personal internship supervisor
To finance an internship abroad in Vancouver, you can, among other things, apply for BAföG abroad, provided that your internship is a compulsory internship. Eligible students receive a health insurance grant as well as living and travel expenses.
You can also apply for various scholarship programs that will support you financially during your internship abroad.
Please note that internships in Canada are usually unpaid as they are considered part of professional qualifications. In individual cases and for longer internships, smaller (travel) allowances may be paid, but this is not the rule.
Countries in Alphabetical Order
Continents in the World
- Entertainment and Attractions in Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan (11/24/2022) - In addition to the mild climate, mountain air and healing bright blue water, which have already been mentioned, Issyk-Kul attracts with its golden beaches, hot mineral springs and therapeutic mud: the lake is essentially a large health resort. But a…
- Places to Visit in Kos, Greece (11/17/2022) - According to beautyphoon.com, the island of Kos is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Greece. Kos belongs to the Dodecanese archipelago, located in southeastern Greece. You can see Turkey from the northeast of the island. This location ensures…
- Sights of Friesland, Netherlands (11/10/2022) - According to ablogtophone.com, Friesland is a province located in the north of the Netherlands. The official name has been Fryslân since January 1997, but outside the province almost only the name Friesland is used. Frisian (Frysk) is an officially recognized…
- State Route 52, 53 and 54 in California (10/31/2022) - State Route 52 in California SR-52 Get started San Diego End hello Length 17 mi Length 29 km Route 12 Genesee Avenue 3 5 Convoy St 6 7 Kearny Villa Road 7 8 Santo Road 13 Mast Blvd 14 Mission…
- State Route 255 and 390 in Illinois (10/29/2022) - State Route 255 in Illinois SR-255 Get started Pontoon Beach End Godfrey Length 23 mi Length 38 km Route 02 poag 3 New Poag Road 5 South Roxana 6 Roxana 8 Wood River 10 Bethalto 13 Fosterburg 16 Alton 19…
- US 71 and 75 in Iowa (10/28/2022) - US 71 in Iowa US 71 Get started Braddyville End Spirit Lake Length 236 mi Length 380 km Route Missouri Clarinda Villisca Atlantic Audubon carroll Lake View Early Storm Lake Spencer Spirit Lake Minnesota According to bestitude, US 71 is…
- US 421, 431, 460 and 641 in Kentucky (10/26/2022) - US 421 in Kentucky US 421 Get started cranks End Milton Length 254 mi Length 409 km Route VirginiaHarlan Hyden Manchester Richmond Lexington Midway Frankfurt Campbellsburg Bedford Milton Indiana According to ablogtophone, US 421 is a US Highway in the…
- State Route 69 and 70 in Florida (10/14/2022) - Florida State Route 69 SR-69 Get started Blountstown End greenwood Length 35 mi Length 57 km Route BlountstownGrand Ridge greenwood State Route 69 or State Road 69 (SR-69) is a state route in the U.S. state of Florida. The road…
- Best Time to Visit Los Angeles, California (8/25/2022) - Do you want to know when is the best time to travel to Los Angeles? You can determine the best time to travel to a destination based on the weather and climate. In addition, there are other factors that are…
- Top Sights in Barcelona, Spain (8/18/2022) - If you only have a short time on your city trip to Barcelona, you should definitely have seen these 3 sights: Sagrada Família The landmark The Sagrada Familia is probably the first sight on anyone's sightseeing list for Barcelona and…