The Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota is one of the leading business schools in the United States. It is home to more than 4,200 undergraduate and graduate students from around the globe, and it offers a wide range of degree programs that are tailored to fit the needs of students. The faculty at Carlson boasts some of the top minds in their respective fields, and they are committed to providing an excellent education for their students. The school also has a strong focus on research and encourages its students to pursue innovation in their studies. Additionally, Carlson has an emphasis on experiential learning, offering internships, co-ops, study abroad opportunities, and other activities that give students real-world experience. All in all, Carlson is an excellent choice for those looking for a top-tier business school that provides an exceptional education. Check TOPMBADIRECTORY.COM for a full list of California MBA colleges.
As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Carlson School of Management offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Carlson School of Management. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Carlson School of Management.
Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Management Information Systems, Entrepreneurship, Health Care Management, Supply Chain Management, E-business, International Strategic Management
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- US Bancorp
- Piper Jaffray, US Bancorp
- Deloitte Consulting
- General Mills
- CBS Marketwatch
- Alliance Capital
3 required essays
Interview (highly recommended)
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 6874)
$ 60 fee ($ 90 for international applicants)
International applicants should also provide:
TOEFL (ETS code: 6874-02, a minimum of 580 on paper-based or 240 on computer-based)
Each year about 120 students enter the full-time Carlson MBA Program. These students possess a wide variety of work and academic experiences and a range of professional aspirations. As part of its highly competitive selection process, the program looks at a variety of criteria that measure the candidate’s demonstrated or potential abilities as a student, manager, and leader:
- Past academic performance, including areas of academic strength and trends in performance, with greater weight given to more recent study.
- General intellectual ability as measured by scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). All three scores: Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing Assessment, are important.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and achieve measurable results, as principally measured by the type, level, and amount of work experience. We also take into account leadership and extracurricular activities while in school and military service.
- Personal statement of goals, accomplishments, and experience.
- Interpersonal and communication skills. We encourage applicants to schedule a personal interview with an MBA admissions staff member.
- Letters of recommendation. We consider the comments made by others who can evaluate your accomplishments, your communication and interpersonal skills, and your leadership potential.
COST AND FINANCIAL AID
The Carlson School and the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, offer MBA students a variety of programs to assist them with expenses while pursuing an MBA degree. Included are fellowship opportunities for high academic credentials, graduate assistantships, need and non-need loan programs, and work-study funds. International students are eligible for several of the scholarships as well as the MBA LOANS program, the SELF loan, and graduate assistantships. Other organizations, such as the Twin Cities chapters of the National Black MBA Association and the National Society of Hispanic MBA’s, provide scholarships as well.
1. Please evaluate yourself as a leader. Where have you demonstrated excellence? (200 words)
2. What do you consider to be your most important personal and professional accomplishments? (400 words)
3. Why are you applying to the full-time Carlson MBA Program, what do you hope to experience and contribute, and what are your plans and goals after you receive your MBA? (600 words)
Address: Carlson School of Management, 321 19th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55455
E-Mail: mbao[email protected] Website: www.csom.umn.edu Phone: 800-926-9431