The Cox School of Business is a prestigious business school located at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. It offers undergraduate and graduate programs in business and management, as well as specialized degrees in finance, accounting, marketing and information technology. The Cox School of Business is renowned for its exceptional faculty, cutting-edge research and innovative curricula. With over 30 years of experience in the business world, the school provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today’s global marketplace. The school’s programs are designed to give students an understanding of the principles and practices that drive successful businesses. Through rigorous coursework and experiential learning opportunities like internships and study abroad experiences, students gain invaluable insight into different industries while developing leadership skills that will serve them throughout their professional careers. Check TOPMBADIRECTORY.COM for a full list of Georgia MBA colleges.
As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Cox School of Business offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Cox School of Business. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Cox School of Business.
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- American Airlines
- Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette
- Nortel Networks
- Exxon Mobil
- AT Kearney
- Akili Systems
- Chase Bank
- Associates First Capital
3 required essays
Interview (highly recommended)
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 6660)
$ 75 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
TOEFL (ETS code: 6660-02, a minimum of 600 on paper-based or 250 on computer-based)
Financial Certification Forms
The Cox admissions office told us, “We look for students who will take advantage of the variety of professional growth opportunities offered by the school for it is these individuals who can most clearly contribute to and benefit from our MBA program.” They enroll such students by searching out individuals who are well rounded, have clearly demonstrated academic achievement, and have a commitment and a capacity for leadership in business. Cox school admissions committee also emphasizes a strong GPA and GMAT score and prior work experience as important factors in their decision.
COST AND FINANCIAL AID
In addition to the traditional loans and grants that are available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, the Cox School also offers a variety of merit scholarships to students each year based on individual merit and achievement. These scholarships are awarded for the entire two-year period, subject to satisfactory academic performance. Each year, approximately 60 percent of Cox MBA students receive some form of merit scholarship.
1. Cover Letter. The cover letter needs to conform to the standards of business correspondence and should be addressed to the Admissions Committee. It should point out the features of your resume that you believe will be of interest to the committee, drawing from your education, work experience, extracurricular activities, awards and honors. Please provide brief comments on your career goals and those factors that influenced your decision to pursue an MBA education at Cox.
2. What are your immediate post-MBA career goals? Tell us how your education and career to date have helped you shape these goals. How will an MBA degree help you achieve these goals? (2 pages, double-spaced)
3. Please respond to one of the two questions or statements below. (1-2 pages, double-spaced)
A. Describe your leadership style. What skills do you need to develop to become a more effective leader?
B. Who is your personal or professional role model? How has that person influenced you?
4. For scholarship consideration only (Full-time MBA Program only). Why do you merit a scholarship? (1 page, double-spaced)
5. Optional. Please feel free to provide the Admissions Committee with any other information that you believe would strengthen your application. (1 page, double-spaced)
Address: 6212 Bishop Boulevard, P.O. Box 750333, Dallas, TX 75275-0333
E-Mail: mbain[email protected] Website: www.cox.smu.edu Phone: 214-768-2630