As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Fuqua School of Business offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Fuqua School of Business. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Fuqua School of Business.
In addition the traditional two-year MBA, the Fuqua of Business offers several joint degree programs concurrent with other graduate and professional programs at Duke University. Concurrent degree programs offer the advantage of earning two degrees in less time than would be required to earn the two separately. These options for study are available through the Graduate School, the School of Engineering, the School of Environment, the Medical School, the School of Nursing, the School of Law and the School of Public Policy.
MBA – J.D.
MBA – Master of Forestry
MBA – Master of Environmental Management
MBA – M.A. in Public Policy
MBA – M.S. in Engineering
MBA – M.D.
MBA – M.S. in Nursing
A.T. Kearney, Inc.
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
American Express Company
Bain & Company, Inc.
Bank of America Corporation
Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.
The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.
Booz • Allen & Hamilton, Inc.
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young LLC
Capital One Financial Corporation
The Clorox Company
Compaq Computer Corporation
Credit Suisse First Boston Corporation
Deere & Company
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown Inc.
DiamondCluster International, Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company
Ford Motor Company
General Electric Company
General Motors Corporation
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Johnson & Johnson
Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc.
McKinsey & Company, Inc.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.
Philip Morris Companies, Inc.
The Procter & Gamble Company
Salomon Smith Barney, Inc.
UBS Warburg LLC
3 required essays
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 5156)
$ 175 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
Proof of Financial Support Form and Appropriate Financial Documentation
The admissions office does not require interviews, but encourages them as “an important part of the application process.” Other key components are the GMAT scores, college GPA, essays, work experience, letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities. Decisions are made on a rolling admissions basis. Applicants are notified of a decision six to eight weeks after the admissions office has received a completed application. Accepted applicants may defer admission for up to one year for health issues or special job opportunities. Fuqua may also offer college seniors a two-year deferred admission with the expectation that there will be substantive work experience in the interim.
Three essays should be included in your application packet. Prepare your essays carefully. The Admissions Committee considers your responses to the following questions important in the selection process. Please respond fully and concisely to each question. Begin each essay on a separate sheet of paper and put your name on each sheet. Limit each essay to the number of pages indicated. Essays should be typed and double-spaced. Note: The goal of this essay is to get a sense of who you are, rather than what you have accomplished.
1. Please discuss your previous professional experiences. (Limit – 2 double-spaced pages)
2. Please discuss your short and long term goals and the role the Fuqua MBA will play in those plans (If you are interested in the Health Sector Management concentration or a joint-degree program, please address in this essay). (Limit – 2 double-spaced pages)
3. Tell us about your personal history and family background and how they have influenced your intellectual and personal development. What unique personal qualities or life experiences might distinguish you from other applicants? How will your background, values and non-work-related activities enhance the experience of other FSB students and add to the diverse culture we strive for at Fuqua? (Limit – 3 double-spaced pages)
Essays for Re-Applicants
1. Please write an essay updating the Fuqua Admissions Committee on your professional activities during the past year. (Limit – 2 double-spaced pages)
2. Write an essay outlining in what ways you feel you are a stronger candidate for admission as opposed to the previous year’s application. (Limit – 2 double-spaced pages)
Address: Fuqua School, Durham, NC 27708
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.fuqua.duke.edu Phone: 919-660-7705