Harvard Business School is a top-tier business school located in Boston, Massachusetts. It is a part of the prestigious Harvard University and offers an MBA degree that is highly sought after by aspiring business professionals. The school has a strong reputation for its rigorous curriculum, which focuses on developing leadership skills through case studies, simulations and real-world experiences. Additionally, Harvard Business School offers specialized programs in areas such as finance, accounting, marketing and entrepreneurship. The faculty consists of some of the world’s most renowned business professors and academics. With a network of more than 30,000 alumni worldwide and partnerships with leading organizations across the globe, students at Harvard Business School have access to unparalleled resources to help them succeed in their careers. Check TOPMBADIRECTORY.COM for a full list of Mississippi MBA colleges.
As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Harvard Business School offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Harvard Business School. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Harvard Business School.
6 required essays
Interview (by invitation only)
3 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 3444)
$ 190 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
The admission board at Harvard considers the following criteria (not ranked in order of importance): college GPA/transcripts, essays, letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities. The essays are considered extremely important. Applicants are interviewed at Harvard’s discretion only to further evaluate the student’s candidacy. Applications are batched in rounds. a final note: after an eleven- year hiatus, Harvard has decided to add the GMAT as one more criterion in evaluating a candidate’s admission to the school. This affects those applying for admission in September 1997 and beyond.
COST AND FINANCIAL AID
In May 1998, Harvard Business School and Student Loan Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank, finalized an agreement under which Citibank would be granted preferred lender status with Harvard MBA students. Under the terms of the preferred lender agreement with Citibank, all HBS students will be guaranteed loan approval, without a cosigner, regardless of nationality. CitiAssist may verify your credit as part of the process. In addition to this loan program, HBS also offers need-based Fellowships that do not need to repay. HBS Fellowships are granted to those students with the highest levels of financial need, regardless of citizenship. The maximum fellowship will cover one year’s tuition, the curriculum materials fee, and a single health insurance fee. The average HBS Fellowship for the class of 2002 was $8,000 per year.
1. Choose a recent experience in which you acted as a leader. Briefly outline the situation, describe your leadership role, and then explain how you were effective and what you learned. (300-word limit)
2. While recognizing that no day is typical, describe a representative day. (300-word limit)
3. We all experience ”defining moments,” significant events that can have a major impact on our lives. Briefly describe such an event and how it has affected you. (300-word limit)
4. Describe your three most substantial accomplishments and explain why you view them as such. (600-word limit)
5. Describe a setback, disappointment, or occasion of failure that you have experienced. How did you manage the situation, and what did you learn from it? (300-word limit)
6. Why do you wish to pursue an MBA degree from Harvard Business School? What are your career aspirations and why? (300-word limit)
7. (Optional) Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Board in understanding you better and in considering your application? Please be concise.
Address: Harvard Business School, Soldiers Field, Boston, MA 02163
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.hbs.edu Phone: 617-495-6127