The Kenan-Flagler Business School is the business school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It is ranked among the top business schools in the United States, and offers a comprehensive range of degree programs. These include undergraduate degrees in accounting, finance, economics, and marketing; masters’ degrees in accounting, finance, economics and management; MBA programs in general management and specialized concentrations; and doctoral programs in business administration. The school also offers dual degree programs with other departments of the university. Kenan-Flagler also has a strong focus on international education with global study trips to countries such as China, India, Latin America, Europe, Africa and Australia. The school emphasizes experiential learning opportunities to help students gain real-world experience through internships and consulting projects with companies around the world. In addition to traditional classroom instruction from leading professors from around the world, Kenan-Flagler also provides students with seminars hosted by industry professionals to discuss current trends in their fields. Check TOPMBADIRECTORY.COM for a full list of New Jersey MBA colleges.
As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Kenan-Flagler Business School offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Kenan-Flagler Business School. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Kenan-Flagler Business School.
Corporate Finance, Customer and Product Management (Marketing), Electronic Business and Digital Commerce, Global Supply Chain Management, Investment Management, Management Consulting, Real Estate, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development, Sustainable Enterprise, International Business
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- Dell Computer Corporation
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Deloitte Consulting
- McKinsey & Company, Inc.
- Chase Bank
- First Union
- Andersen Consulting
APPLICATION MATERIALS (online application available through Kenan-Flagler school website)
3 required essays
Interview (by invitation only)
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 5816)
$ 100 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
According to the admissions staff, quality of work experience, proven leadership, and demonstrated ability to excel in quantitative material are considered most important. Once the aforementioned are established, essays, college GPA, total GMAT scores, letters of recommendation, interviews (required), and global experience help determine who makes the cut. The admissions office notes that, “because of our large applicant pool, applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible”. Historically, less than 20 percent of those who apply are accepted at Kenan-Flager. Applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule an on-campus interview, sit in on classes, and meet with current MBA students.
Kenan-Flagler Business School awards a limited number of fellowships to candidates who exhibit superior academic achievement, strong leadership potential, excellent interpersonal skills and a diversity of lifetime experiences. All candidates who submit their completed application by January 11, 2002, are eligible for fellowship consideration.
1. Which of Kenan-Flagler’s Core Values — excellence, leadership, integrity, community, or teamwork — has been most important for your career development to date? How do you expect this value to figure in your future development? (2 pages maximum)
2. What is it about your background and your experiences that would make a contribution to the diversity of the entering class and the educational experience of the other students? (2 pages maximum)
3. You are the senior marketing officer at Levi Strauss Corporation, a manufacturer of casual apparel. Nike Corporation has proposed an alliance in which your two companies will introduce a co-branded line of sports apparel in Europe. You are responsible for evaluating the pros and cons of this potential alliance and for recommending a course of action to the CEO. You have two weeks to respond to Nike. What factors will you consider? What resources will you use? How will you present the analysis? What action will you recommend? (3 pages maximum)
1. Please include any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application. (1 page maximum)
2. If you have had international exposure through living or working abroad, please tell us about your experiences. (1 page maximum)
Address: Kenan-Flagler Business School, McColl Building, CB#3490, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3490
E-Mail: MBA_inf[email protected] Website: www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu Phone: 919-962-3236