According to topschoolsintheusa, Regent, North Dakota is a small city located in the southwest corner of the state. It has a population of about 1,000 people, mostly farmers and ranchers. The geography of Regent is fairly flat with rolling hills and some small mountains in the distance. The climate is generally mild, with warm summers and cold winters.
The history of Regent dates back to the early 1900s when settlers first arrived in the area. Since then, it has been home to many generations of farmers and ranchers who have been able to make a living off the land. Politically, Regent is part of Dunn County which leans heavily Republican.
The economy in Regent is mainly based on agriculture and ranching but it also serves as a small retail center for surrounding rural areas. There are several small businesses in town including a grocery store, an auto repair shop, and a few restaurants.
Regent also has two schools: a public elementary school for kindergarten through fifth grade as well as a private Catholic school for grades 6-12. Both schools provide quality education for students from all backgrounds and faiths.
Finally, there are several landmarks that are worth seeing if you ever find yourself in Regent such as the old church at the center of town or the historic homesteads that dot the countryside around it. These sites provide visitors with an opportunity to learn more about life in rural North Dakota before modern times and appreciate how far this area has come since then.
Population: 211. Estimated population in July 2020: 182 (-13.7% change)
Males: 101 (47.9%), Females: 110 (52.1%)
Zip code: 58650
Median resident age: 49.8 years
Median household income: $24,250
Median house value: $15,700
Races in Regent:
- White Non-Hispanic (98.1%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
Ancestries: German (72.0%), Norwegian (17.1%), Hungarian (14.7%), Czech (8.5%), English (5.2%), Russian (4.7%).
Elevation: 2460 feet
Land area: 0.5 square miles
Regent, North Dakota is located in the southwest corner of the state and has a population of just over 200 people. It is a small, rural community with a median household income of $34,000. The cost of living in Regent is relatively low compared to other parts of the country. Housing costs are especially affordable; the median home value is around $65,000 and rent for a two-bedroom apartment can range from $400 to $500 per month. Utilities such as electricity and water are also inexpensive; an average monthly bill for both combined is around $80. Groceries are reasonably priced; a typical grocery bill for a family of four runs about $200 per month. Gasoline prices are comparable to national averages, with regular unleaded costing approximately $2.20 per gallon. Property taxes are low as well, with an average effective rate of 1% on residential property. Overall, Regent offers its residents an affordable lifestyle with plenty of amenities nearby thanks to its proximity to larger cities like Bismarck and Fargo.
For population 25 years and over in Regent
- High school or higher: 80.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 9.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 2.3%
- Unemployed: 5.5%
- Mean travel time to work: 19.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Regent city
- Never married: 17.9%
- Now married: 65.8%
- Separated: 0.5%
- Widowed: 15.2%
- Divorced: 0.5%
0.0% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: -55 (-20.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Regent:
- WEST RIVER REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 27 miles; HETTINGER, ND)
- ST JOSEPHS HOSPITAL/HEALTH CENTER (about 36 miles; DICKINSON, ND)
- RICHARDTON HEALTH CENTER – CAH (about 38 miles; RICHARDTON, ND)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Regent:
- BISMARCK MUNI (about 129 miles; BISMARCK, ND; Abbreviation: BIS)
- SLOULIN FLD INTL (about 142 miles; WILLISTON, ND; Abbreviation: ISN)
- MINOT INTL (about 155 miles; MINOT, ND; Abbreviation: MOT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Regent:
- MOTT MUNI (about 18 miles; MOTT, ND; Abbreviation: 3P3)
- HETTINGER MUNI (about 30 miles; HETTINGER, ND; Abbreviation: HEI)
- DICKINSON MUNI (about 30 miles; DICKINSON, ND; Abbreviation: DIK)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Regent:
- BISMARCK STATE COLLEGE (about 127 miles; BISMARCK, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,205)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY (about 127 miles; BISMARCK, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,203)
- MINOT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 153 miles; MINOT, ND; Full-time enrollment: 2,662)
- BLACK HILLS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 161 miles; SPEARFISH, SD; Full-time enrollment: 3,190)
- SOUTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MINES AND TECHNOLOGY (about 167 miles; RAPID CITY, SD; Full-time enrollment: 2,002)
- CHADRON STATE COLLEGE (about 251 miles; CHADRON, NE; Full-time enrollment: 2,144)
- NORTHERN STATE UNIVERSITY (about 289 miles; ABERDEEN, SD; Full-time enrollment: 2,356)
Public primary/middle school in Regent:
- REGENT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 95; Location: 219 MAIN ST; Grades: 05 – 08)