As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Tepper School of Business offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Tepper School of Business. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Tepper School of Business.
Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Systems, International Management, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Production and Operations Management, Quantitative Analysis, Strategy, E-commerce
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS (class of 2002)
> Bank of America
> Deutsche Banc Alex.Brown
> Deloitte Consulting
> Ford Motor Company
> M&T Bank
> United Technologies
3 required essays
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 2074)
$ 100 application fee
Interview (on-campus available upon request/phone interview granted by invitation only)
International applicants should also provide:
Graduate Student Financial Statement and supporting documents
We are looking for a diverse student body of exceptionally talented individuals who have worked or studied in many different fields. Previous study in business-related areas is not required. Applicants must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills because teamwork is an important part of our program. Moreover, we seek students who are highly motivated, self-directed, energetic and innovative. Our admissions standards are understandably high, but not rigid or preset. When we evaluate an applicant, we try to understand that person as an individual. We examine the applicant’s entire academic record, not just the grade point average. We look at grade trends, the major, the school, extracurricular activities, and part-time work, if any. The applicant’s full-time work record and experience, GMAT scores and letters of recommendation are also part of the evaluation process. We welcome applications from exceptionally talented and motivated individuals who may not have significant experience. Your essays enable us to judge your ability to communicate in written form, and understand your goals. We want to be sure that your goals are consistent with our strengths. Your academic potential and promise for a productive career in business leadership are central to our concerns.
(Suggested length — 2 double-spaced pages per essay)
1. What are your reasons for undertaking MBA study at Carnegie Mellon? Please describe how your experience, education and graduate training at Carnegie Mellon and your future career plans relate to each other. Describe your short-term and long-term objectives and how you plan to achieve them.
2. Because MBA students work closely together, we would like to understand what there is about your background and your experiences that would make a contribution to the diversity of the entering class and enhance the educational experience of other students.
3. Please describe an ethical issue that you have faced in your professional life, how you dealt with the situation and what the outcome was.
4. Please comment on any item (or items) in your application you think worthy or necessary of further explanation. We are most interested in having you address any weaknesses or strengths that bear on your application.
5. If there is any additional information or material you would like to include, please feel free to include it in a separate essay.
Address: Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Schenley Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
E-Mail: [email protected] Web site: http://www.gsia.cmu.edu/ Phone: 412-268-2272