As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, The Wharton School offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of The Wharton School. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for The Wharton School.
Accounting, Entrepreneurial Management, Finance, Healthcare Management, Human Resource Management, Information Strategy, Systems & Economics, Insurance & Risk Management, Management, Marketing, Multinational Management, Operations & Information Management, Public Policy and Management, Real Estate, Statistics, Strategic Management, Managing Electronic Commerce, Joint Major/Marketing & Operations Management, Environmental & Risk Management, Technological Innovation
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- McKinsey & Company
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette
- Bain & Co.
- Andersen Consulting
- Boston Consulting Group
- Deloitte Consulting
- Merrill Lynch
- Booz Allen & Hamilton
APPLICATION MATERIALS (online application available through Wharton school website)
4 required essays
Interview (by invitation only)
2 letters of recommendation (online available)
1 official transcript from each institute*
GMAT (ETS code: 2926)
$ 175 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
*Self-report transcript could be submitted online.
The admissions office consider the following (in no particular order): essays, GMAT score, undergraduate or graduate transcripts, letters of recommendation, extracurricular activities, and work experience. The interview is strongly encouraged. Writes the school, “The admissions committee evaluates applicants individually. Selection of students is not driven by categories or quotas. Applicants should represent themselves as they truly are versus what they may feel Wharton wants to hear. Applicants should also help the committee fully understand any unusual or nontraditional aspects of their candidacy.” it is advisable to apply early in the rolling admissions cycle.
1. Describe how your experiences, both professional and personal, have led to your decision to pursue an MBA at the Wharton School this year. How does this decision relate to your career goals for the future? (1,000 words)
2. Describe a situation where leadership and teamwork were critical to the outcome of a project in which you were directly involved. What did you learn from the experience and how have you applied what you learned to other situations? (1,000 words)
3. Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life. Give specific details. What did you learn from this experience? How did it help shape your understanding of yourself and the world around you? (500 words)
4. Please tell us something else about yourself that you feel will help the Admissions Committee know you better. (500 words)
5. (Optional) The Admissions Committee believes the required essay topics address issues that are important in understanding your candidacy. If there are extenuating circumstances or concerns affecting your application of which you feel the Admissions Committee should be aware, please elaborate here (e.g., your academic performance as an accurate measure of your potential, unexplained gaps in your work experience).
Address: 102 Vance Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba Phone: 215-898-6183