The UTK College of Business Administration is one of the most prestigious business schools in the country. It offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs to prepare students for successful careers in business. Students can choose from majors such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management. The college also offers specialized concentrations in areas such as health care administration, international business, and information systems. The faculty at UTK are well-known for their research contributions to the field of business and have won many awards for their work. The college also offers internships that give students real-world experience before they graduate. In addition to the classroom learning opportunities, UTK has a vibrant student life with many clubs and organizations dedicated to helping students succeed in their studies and professional endeavors.
As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, University of Tennessee College of Business Administration offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of University of Tennessee College of Business Administration. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for University of Tennessee College of Business Administration.
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- CSX Corporation
- Deere & Co.
- Ford Motor Co
APPLICATION MATERIALS (online application available through )
4 required essays
Interview (strongly encouraged)
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 1843)
$ 35 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
According to the admissions office, your work experience is considered to be the most important criteria for admission followed by GPA, GMAT score, interview, essays, extracurricular activities, and letters of recommendation. “Since the UTK program is relatively small,” writes the office of admissions, “we can give a good deal of individual attention to our applicants in order to determine whether ours is the right program for them and whether they are right for our program. As often as possible, we invite student to visit the campus, sit in on classes, and talk with current MBA students. In addition, we involve the faculty and administration in the admissions process.”
COST AND FINANCIAL AID
A limited number of fellowships and assistantships are awarded to students, based primarily on merit. If you are interested in applying for a fellowship or assistantship, please complete the enclosed form and submit it with your MBA application. These non-service grants average approximately $2000 per year and are normally available to first-year students. Some may be extended through the second year. Criteria for making the individual fellowship awards vary, dependent upon the fellowship donor. However, most fellowship awards are based on merit. Some are available to assist minority students; others consider applicants who have been employed (including homemaking) for a period of time since receiving the bachelor’s degree and who wish to enter the MBA program to prepare for a change in career direction. Assistantships offer a remission of tuition in addition to a monthly stipend. Applications for either an assistantship or a fellowship must be submitted by March 1. However, the likelihood of receiving aid is greatest for those who apply early.
1. Why have you decided to enter an MBA program? Why have you decided to apply to the UT MBA Program in particular? How does the pursuit of the UTK MBA fit into your career goals—both short and long term?
2. Evaluate a recent experience that required the use of your leadership skills. What effect has the experience had on your personal and professional development?
3. The UT MBA Program supports the idea that studying in a group enhances the learning experience for each person in the group. What attributes or skills do you possess that would help you make a meaningful contribution to your classmates’ educational experiences in this kind of environment? What weaknesses would you like the group to help you overcome?
4. Describe your three most substantial accomplishments and explain why you view them as such.
5. (Optional) Is there anything else we should consider in our evaluation of your application? If you feel that your credentials and essays represent you fairly, you should feel no obligation to write anything more.
Address: College of Business Administration, 527 Stokely Management Center, Knoxville, TN 37996-0552
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: mba.utk.edu Phone: 423-974-5033