The Warrington College of Business Administration is the business school at University of Florida. It offers a wide selection of undergraduate and graduate programs in various areas of business, including accounting, finance, marketing, management and entrepreneurship. The college has an excellent reputation for its research and educational excellence, which has earned it top rankings from organizations such as US News & World Report and The Princeton Review. The college has a diverse faculty with expertise in many areas of business, and its faculty have won numerous awards for their research and teaching. In addition to offering an array of courses, the Warrington College also offers internships and other experiential learning opportunities that allow students to gain real-world experience in their chosen field of study. The college also provides extensive career support services to help students prepare for entry into the professional world after graduation.
As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Warrington College of Business Administration offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Warrington College of Business Administration. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Warrington College of Business Administration.
Arts Administration, Competitive Strategy, Decision and Information Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Business, Global Management, Graham-Buffett Security Analysis, Human Resource Management, Latin American Studies, Management, Marketing, Real Estate & Urban Analysis, Sports Administration, E-commerce, Supply Chain Management
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- Ford Motor Company
- Renaissance Worldwide
- Program Planning Professionals
- Johnson & Johnson
- Renaissance Cruise Lines
- ZTEL Communications
- Jabil Circuit
- Intermedia Communications
3 required essays
Interview (by invitation only)
2 letters of recommendation
2 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 5801)
$ 20 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
Admission to the Florida MBA Programs is very selective. In reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee looks for evidence of academic ability, managerial promise and interpersonal and communication skills. Motivation, maturity, career focus and leadership potential are other important qualities in prospective students.
- Academic Ability. Applicants must have a four year bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or its international equivalent. In reviewing the academic record, the Admissions Committee considers the caliber of the institution attended, rigor of the curriculum, performance in quantitative courses and record of scholastic achievement. Official scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), taken within the last five years, provide an important indicator of the candidate’s ability to succeed academically.
- Managerial Promise. Applicants are required to have at least two years of significant, postbaccalaureate, full-time work experience prior to enrollment. Executive MBA candidates should have at least eight years of experience, including some people or project management responsibility. For all applicants, the Admissions Committee is especially interested in work-related responsibilities and accomplishments, career advancement and potential, managerial experience, leadership skills, and future career goals. While two years of experience is a minimum requirement, the average for the class is much higher, and the quality of work experience is an important factor in the admissions decision. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills. The Admissions Committee is also interested in the applicant’s ability to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively. The essays and interview (if applicable) allow candidates to address these skills as well as to describe important attributes that may not be apparent from other parts of the application. Interviews are available by invitation only.
Executive, Professionals, and Internet Programs
1. Describe how you would like to see your career develop. Explain how your academic background, prior professional experience and the Florida MBA degree will help you achieve your career goals. Limit your response to 2-3 pages.
2. (Optional) Please share any additional information that you think will assist the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application to the Florida MBA Programs. Limit your response to no more than 2 pages.
Traditional and International Programs
1. Describe how you would like to see your career develop. Explain how your academic background, prior professional experience and the Florida MBA degree will help you achieve your career goals. If your career goals are international, or you are an international student, please include as part of your career plans what country or region you plan to seek employment in following completion of the program. Limit your response to 2-3 pages.
2. What leadership roles have you held in the past, and how will those experiences help make you a better manager?
3. You are assigned to a project with a team of co-workers. One member of the team is not contributing, and always claims to have family emergencies or other problems than prevent him/her from participating in or being prepared for meetings. How do you handle the situation?
4. (Optional) Please share any additional information that you think will assist the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application to the Florida MBA Programs. Limit your response to no more than 2 pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order of importance to you, list significant extracurricular activities, professional associations and civic organizations in which you have participated in school, work or the community (use the space provided below). Provide the dates of your involvement and indicate whether you were elected or appointed to any leadership positions.
2. Describe below, including dates, any significant cross-cultural experiences you have had outside of your home country, including study abroad, exchange programs, extensive international travel or residence in another country.
3. List below any other interests, hobbies or recreational activities you currently pursue in your free time.
4. If you have received any academic, professional, or civic honors or awards, have received any patents or authored any books, or have any other significant accomplishments that you would like the admissions committee to consider, please describe them below.
5. Explain the primary factors that influenced your decision to apply to the Florida MBA Programs.
Address: Warrington College of Business, MBA Program, 134 Bryan Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.floridamba.ufl.edu Phone: 352-392-7992