As one of the leading MBA programs in the United States, Yale School of Management offers the following concentrations towards an MBA degree. Please keep reading to see the major employers of MBA graduates of Yale School of Management. On the following screen, you will also see all materials required for MBA admissions application, including MBA essays, reference letters, TOEFL score, and application fee. By clicking the logo below, you can see detailed admissions statistics for Yale School of Management.
TOP 10 EMPLOYERS
- Booz Allen & Hamilton
- Donaldson,Lufkin & Jenrette
- Lehman Brothers
- Fleet Financial
- Intel Corporation
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- ING Barings
- McKinsey & Co.
- Merrill Lynch
4 required essays
2 letters of recommendation
1 official transcript from each institute
GMAT (ETS code: 3986)
$ 180 application fee
International applicants should also provide:
* During the fall semester (September to December), we invite you to schedule a campus visit and admissions interview in New Haven by visiting our website at mba.yale.edu. During the spring semester (January to May), interviews are available only by invitation of the Admissions Committee. Alumni telephone and off-site interviews are available only by invitation of the Admissions Committee.
Applicants to Yale must have remarkable academic and professional profiles if they hope to attract the attention of the admissions committee, which accepts less than a quarter of those who apply to the MBA program. One student writes, “Nearly everyone here is a genius! No one that I’ve compared backgrounds with has a GMAT below 700.” Solid work experience, strong letters of recommendation, winning personal qualities, and clear focus and goals complete the list of admissions criteria. In fact, in recent years there has been a trend toward increasing numbers of applications from candidates with engineering or physical science backgrounds. Yale reports that this group made up 30 percent of applicants in this year’s pool.
COST AND FINANCIAL AID
The Yale School of Management offers a comprehensive financial assistance program ranging from grants and scholarships. Typically over 60 percent of our students receive aid from loan, grant, and scholarship programs. Upon admission, we automatically consider you for merit-based scholarships. No separate application is required. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity, special scholarships are designated for students from historically underrepresented groups.
Foreign citizens who are not US permanent residents are eligible to apply for private loans as well as scholarships based on need and merit. In your first year, you will need a US cosigner for private loans. In your second year, Yale offers a loan program that does not require a cosigner.
1. The mission of the Yale School of Management is to educate leaders for business and society. In this context, tell us your career goals and your plans for achieving them. Please be specific. Describe how your previous experience will help you to reach your goals. (Length: 3 pages)
2. We believe that the best education for leadership in any sector of the world economy is two years of rigorous business fundamentals. This approach to learning will prepare you for any career you might pursue, be it in the business, government or nonprofit arena. With this in mind, tell us why the Yale MBA program is the right learning environment for you. (Length: 2 pages)
3. Part of leadership is the ability to make a difference under difficult circumstances. With this in mind, describe a situation in which you exhibited such leadership. (Length: 1 pages)
4. From a professional standpoint, answer one of the following questions(Length: 1 pages):
A. Describe a risk you took.
B. What motivates you?
5. (optional) Is there any information not presented elsewhere in the application or any aspect of your credentials that needs an explanation to help the Admissions Committee understand your candidacy?
Address: School of Management, Box 208200, New Haven, CT 06520-8200
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: mba.yale.edu Phone: 203-432-5932